2112 Turns 5 … And Keeps Getting Better
Every business starts with a good idea; a concept for doing something different. Translating vision into reality is often more difficult than how those ideas will unfold in practice.
By Larry Walsh
No one knows this better than we here at The 2112 Group. On our fifth birthday, we are humbled by how our work with our clients, partners and collaborators has evolved and continues to grow. As we celebrate this milestone, we’re recounting a few of our accomplishments.[ctt tweet=”2112 thanks #vendors #partners & people that provided opportunities over the past half-decade!” coverup=”H30Qg”]
Five years ago on August 1, 2010, The 2112 Group had a modest launch with the simple idea of rethinking channel structures, operations and relationships through the lens of outcomes. We wanted to reveal a different way of looking at indirect technology sales, business relationships and value propositions.
From the start, 2112 received tremendous support from all quarters of the channel, propelling our success by challenging Team 2112 to examine and resolve the complex issues and problems that hamper indirect-sales performance. In five years, 2112 has grown from a one-person shop to a vibrant organization that continues to challenge the status quo.
Here’s a sampling of what 2112 has accomplished in the past five years.
- Launched Channelnomics, one of the most recognized and successful channel-media brands, providing insights into the economic models behind channel programs and vendor-reseller relationships
- Redefined the concept and operations of partner advisory boards, managing advisory board activities for several vendors
- Constructed numerous major channel programs
- Published the first study that looked at channel conflict between vendors and solution providers
- Published “Channel Perceptions,” the first comparative study of how vendors and resellers perceive their respective performances on common activities
- Founded the Cloud Technology Transformation Alliance (CTTA), a working group aimed at identifying cloud trends in the channel and developing best practices
- Launched the Ingram Micro SMB 500, an ongoing research program that tracks and rewards the performance of SMB solution providers
- Published dozens of white papers on technologies, channel programs and market opportunities
- Developed the “2112 Growth Calculator,” the industry’s first tool for helping solution providers understand and plan business growth
- Provided services on every continent in the world
- Presented at and participated in more than 100 channel events around the globe
- Provided channel-related counsel to more than five dozen vendors and distributors, more than half of which are Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies
And the best is yet to come. As 2112 looks to its next five years and beyond, we’re preparing new tools, channel models and research programs that will challenge conventional wisdom, open new opportunities and deliver higher returns to vendors, distributors and solution providers.[ctt tweet=”Every business starts with a good idea; a concept for doing something different.” coverup=”b9Q61″]
None of what 2112 is would be possible without the generosity and support of our clients and partners. We exist solely to make the world around us a better place through optimized performance and higher returns on investment. On this auspicious occasion, we thank the companies and people that support 2112; they have provided us with the opportunity to shine and grow brighter over the past half-decade.
The other half of the 2112 success equation is our staff. 2112 has the greatest team of channel experts and business minds in the IT channel arena. We continue to expand our resources to address changing market dynamics, and at our core is a team that draws upon different experiences to devise new solutions to complex problems.
As the saying goes, things get better with age. I couldn’t agree more. In the channel, as in other markets, there’s never a shortage of problems and challenges that need resolution. The 2112 Group will continue to grow and expand to help the channel community understand and address each opportunity and challenge that lies ahead.
Our forecast: The next five years will be even better.