Cloud data management specialist adds 150-plus features to products, accelerates enterprise data transformation
Informatica, a specialist in cloud data management, revealed a deluge of new features to its platform designed to provide enterprises using cloud-based and serverless infrastructures with greater capabilities for managing their data and digitally transforming their operations.
The Lowdown: Informatica’s sweeping update includes more than 150 new features, including several artificial intelligence-based enhancements. Informatica describes the new features and innovations as “built on a unified, modular, and microservices-based platform powered by the CLAIRE engine to provide enterprise-wide collaboration across business and IT and in serverless, multi-cloud and hybrid environments.”
The Details: The enhancements to the Informatica platform impact five functional segments.
1. Intelligent Enterprise Data Catalog: Provides users with new scoring and tagging that enables a better and easier experience for data discovery, cataloging, and management.
2. Intelligent Cloud and Hybrid Data Management: New capabilities for discovering and cataloging data across multiple cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Snowflake.
3. Intelligent Master Data Management: A tool for uncovering and mapping relationships between customer interactions and experiences, enabling enterprises to cultivate better processes and outcomes through artificial intelligence-driven analysis.
4. Intelligent Data Governance and Privacy: Enhancements to the existing Axon Data Governance that leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to ensure automated privacy protection and regulatory and policy compliance.
5. Intelligent Big Data: A new preparation package that will help enterprises prepare for and construct data lakes for Big Data operations.
The Buzz: “Intelligent data provides our customers with a competitive advantage and allows them to create opportunities, solve complexities, and accelerate innovation across the enterprise,” said Amit Walia, president of products and marketing at Informatica. “With AI-driven automation, our customers can unleash the power of their intelligent data at scale – across a multi-cloud and hybrid environment – for success across the organization.”
“Informatica and Snowflake continue to find new ways to enable every organization to be data-driven,” said Walter Aldana, vice president of alliances at Snowflake. “The latest release of Informatica’s AI-powered automation for the Intelligent Data Platform means that our joint customers will now get all the benefits of Snowflake’s zero-management, cloud-built data warehouse with best-in-class, AI-driven iPaaS productivity and integration from Informatica to drive enterprise-wide collaboration and accelerate digital transformation.”