InsightEdge platform to improve speed, quality of insights
New York-based GigaSpaces announced today that its Big Data analytics platform, InsightEdge In-Memory Computing, will be available at Amazon Web Services’ marketplace.
The Lowdown: GigaSpaces officials said InsightEdge addresses organizations’ Big Data-related speed challenges by co-locating analytics, business logic, and data processing in the same memory space.
The Details: The InsightEdge platform:
• Improves speed and quality of Big Data insights by running analytics and machine learning models simultaneously on historical, streaming, and transactional data.
• Supports AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS), simplifying the deployment, management, and scaling of containerized applications.
• Ingests, processes, and analyzes streaming data from Amazon Kinesis and at the same time accesses historical data stored on widely used databases, data lakes, and data warehouses.
• Includes AnalyticsXtreme, a data lake accelerator module designed to move data automatically and intelligently from the InsightEdge speed layer to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) and Elastic MapReduce (EMR), an AWS tool for Big Data processing and analysis.
• Can uniquely replicate data at sub-second latency to multiple AWS regions for mission-critical applications spanning multi-geographical sites.
• Is available in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America. (Users can take advantage of a 14-day free trial; payment thereafter is based on data capacity.)
The Buzz: “Enterprises require extreme performance, speed, and scale as they accelerate their adoption of the cloud to introduce new services and applications,” said Yoav Einav, vice president of product at GigaSpaces. “Offering InsightEdge on AWS Marketplace and leveraging AWS services increases the accessibility of our Big Data analytics processing platform, to help deliver on their data-driven initiatives and support their time-sensitive applications.”